Thursday, August 20, 2009

If She Can Make It, So Can I ...

Seriously? Is this real? Real "Housewife" of Atlanta Kim Zolciak has released a single that is sure to begin playing at every gay bar in the country. (Side note - Am I taking Crazy Pills, or are half of the "ladies" of the Real Housewives of Atlanta single? Is it just me or does the word housewife not come with actually having a husband? Also, being from Atlanta, it makes me angry that none of the women actually live IN Atlanta. They all live in suburbs. And why are they all getting their homes foreclosed? Atlanta is not that bunk ladies and gentleman).

Anyway, thanks to my good friend Carrie Clark for giving me the heads up on this single. And as she put it, this just proves that a sound editor and a producer can make anyone sound good. Kim must have hired the same guy who has produced all of Britney Spears' albums. Maybe Kim and Britney should go on an acapella singing tour of the country and we can decide who has a more terrible voice.

Also, can we please talk about the title of the song? Tardy for the Party? That sounds like something that Miley Cyrus would sing (pre poll dancing/stripping on the internet Miley). It quite possibly might be the worst title of a song I have ever heard. I want to throw up all over it. Let me know what you think of the song. Listen here. The sad thing is, it is kind of catchy. Anything with a good beat and techno music makes my little gay body want to dance. Cut to me this weekend drunkenly dancing to this song at the local gay bar trying miserably, and with no luck, to seduce some unsuspecting bar patron. Story of my life ... story of my life.

5 comments:

  1. thought i would hate the song but i kinda like it. about real housewives of ATL... its real addicting

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song is hot! There is no denying that. Its nice that its not over produced and they let her true voice shine through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Carrie Clark girl really must be on the cutting edge of all hot music. So glad there are people out there to recognize hits when they hear them and put them out there for the world to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. am i the only one who remembers when nene and kim were going through potential songs written by the Jim Bob Duggar lookalike and nene started singing "don't be tardy for the party?"

    ReplyDelete