Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Becoming a desired gay ...

I have decided that after years of talking about how I want a muscular body, and wondering why I didn't just wake up with the body of an Adonis, I should probably bite the bullet and join a gym.  The sad thing is, gyms in NYC are not cheap.  In Atlanta, I thought I was paying an insane amount of money to go to LA Fitness, which was one of the nicer gyms in the city.  It cost me $35 a month.  And since I never went, I didn't feel so bad about throwing $35 out every month.

The thing is, here in NYC, if you want to go to a decent gym, you are going to have to fork over at least $75 per month, and that gym will be over crowded and smell and I honestly have no desire to go there.  So, in typical gay fashion where we tend to live above our means, I decided if I was going to join a gym, I might as well join one of the nicest ones in the city.  The way I think of it is as an investment.  There are two results of this investment.  I will obtain a hot body which will attract men from all around to gawk at a body that will finally match my adorable face.  Also, since the gym is really expensive, I might find a rich boyfriend while at the gym.

The great thing about my gym, Equinox, is that 90% of the people there are hot.  And almost no one is fat.  It is really inspiring and it makes me want to be there and work my butt off to get muscles like everyone else.  The sad part is, I have no idea how to lift weights and I usually stumble around aimlessly pretending to work out while stressing out that people are watching me and thinking I am a moron.  And they would be right.

So here is my question.  Would you rather go to a gym where everyone is pretty and has better bodies than you, or belong to a gym where everyone is out of shape and you are the one everyone aspires to be?  I would say the first, because it inspires me to work out and become one of the elite.  

Check back with me in a month and hopefully I will have some type of muscle developing.  If not, I am going to be seriously depressed.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go babe! My lame advice - if you are gonna cough up the dough for equinox, vomit a little more for 5 training sessions. You get a good base and feel and then go on your own. Revisit 3 or 6 months later to get a new routine as your body will plateau with the same workout! Good luck! Scotty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do a spin class like the old la fitness days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Scott. Get a few sessions with a trainer. You'll get the feel for what to do and at least learn how to use the machines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IF you come visit me in New Orleans with the cult I will take you to my gym as a guest. There is a full bar in there, what more could you look for in a gym?

    ReplyDelete