Thursday, June 17, 2010

What's Your Name Again?

There are many awkward things in life.  Trust me, I would know.  I am super awkward 90% of the time.  However, I think there is nothing more awkward than hooking up with someone and not knowing their name.  Now listen, I know people define hooking up as having sex, but for me, when I say hooking up, I most likely just mean making out.  After all, I am a lady!  And I would not do such things before I was married – which can happen for me in I believe 5 states.  Anyway, in the past couple of weeks, I have hooked up a few times.  And, blame it on the alcohol (which I so often do), but of the 3 people I have made out with in the past 10 days, I cannot remember 2 of their names.

Now this is very problematic for me you see.  The first guy I met on Grindr, which is an iPhone application that literally tells you where the nearest gay guy is.  I was in a cab on my way home from a debaucherous evening out with my friend and her MOM, when I guess I somehow managed to get on Grindr, meet a guy, and go to his apartment.  I don’t remember much about that night, although the next morning he did tell me that I asked him not to murder me.  You know me, always safe!  Herein lies the problem.  The dude was hot.  And from the looks of his apartment, rich.  And I want to see him again.  However, we have been exchanging texts and I have NO idea what his name is.  I tried to trick him in to telling me by saying ‘by the way, my name is Craig in case you forgot’, but that did not work on him.  He just responded, ‘I know, I have a great memory’.  Nards!  I also tried having my friend call his number and listen to his voicemail, but he is French, and she couldn’t quite make it out.  Double nards!

Next, I brought someone home with me this past Saturday, and I have no recollection his name.  Now, this guy is really into me and texts me 40 times per day.  First of all, red flag.  I need someone that I can chase.  I hate desperation and I don’t want someone that into me.  I mean, I do, but give me a little space.  The problem is, he wants to go out to dinner and again, I do not know his name or anything.  I cannot even do a Facebook stalk to remind me what he looks like.  When he left my apartment Sunday morning I was so hungover and I could not open my eyes.  All I could do was mumble my phone number to him and roll back over and sleep until 3:45 in the afternoon.  I guess that is what you get for eating 2 eggs for breakfast, and then drinking all day starting at 10am for World Cup, and staying out until 5am.  I am not in college anymore sadly, and the hangovers are beginning to hurt.

Does anyone have any other tricks as to how to figure out someone’s name once you have hooked up with them?  I mean, that is one giant slap in the face to not know someone’s name after you may or may not have had sexy times with them.  Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Why not google their #--a name a photo a site you may just get lucky (again). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have no idea how to help you, but can you please keep the stories coming? they make me laugh. i've said it before and i'll say it again...book deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, yes.... Andrea - only I think it's superpages....or something like that.

    Or, oooh, I know... you could talk about childhood and how you knew you were in trouble when your mother called you by you FULL name (first middle last)... then be all coy and say, "so what did your mom call YOU when YOU were in trouble...."?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! that has Never happened to me ;)
    wait til he introduces himself to someone else... or look at his mail. you'd be surprised how long you can get away without knowing a name. as long as you're looking at him, he'll know who you're talking to! can't you find the hot guy on Grindr again?

    ReplyDelete