Wednesday, July 8, 2009

No Sex in the City ...

I have been reflecting a lot about Sex and the City. The show that epitomizes dating life in NYC. Now, I am quite torn about this show. I totally struggle with dating in this city, as did most of the characters on that show. Good guys are hard to find, and people are always looking for the next best thing. It is a highly competitive city and with people always working and on the go, it is hard to make time for yourself - let alone a date.

Then, there are most days when I also disagree with the idea that this city is hard to find love. Walking down the street, sitting on the subway and laying out in Central Park, I see thousands of people holding hands, kissing and generally making me want to order a hot coffee and throw it all over them and their love for each other. How are all these people finding people to date? Are they all tourists? That is a possibility as this city is always packed with tourists. And a lot of people do come to this city for vacations as a couple. But some people in this city have to be dating. What is their secret and how do they do it? I know I COULD date someone, but my standards are decently high. Should I lower them?

And yes, I have to say, the people that I normally see together are normally not that attractive, but when I was thinking about that this morning on the subway, I thought to myself "hey Craig, don't judge that they are ugly - they are getting consistent sex, and you are consistently sexing up your hand." Ahh, one day ...

3 comments:

  1. Lowering your standards not an option! High standards is what makes you Craig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw lower your standards and settle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's rather interesting that you make the broad generalization that most people that are in relationships are unattractive. Judging by your picture, I'd wager that you're in no position whatsoever to make this claim.

    ReplyDelete