Monday, February 2, 2009

First Day in the Big City


So, I arrived in NYC with little problem. My flight was early (random!) and I had my entire row to myself. I got to my corporate apartment which is ridiculously nice and bigger than some of my friends apartments back in Atlanta. I am on the 14th floor, but I really don't have much of a view. I look directly at another high rise. But it's all good. I live a couple of blocks from Times Square which is fun and exciting but I see how that could get really old after a while with all of the tourists, etc. But, I am pretty much feeling like a tourist so far, so I can relate. I unpacked everything and got settled and then went to meet my friend Lauren to eat dinner and watch the Super Bowl.


This morning I got up for work and was too stressed out to take the Subway because I really didn't know how to do it and I had never taken it before, so I took a taxi to work. After a long long day at the office, I finally left at 7pm to take my first Subway ride ever. Chip, my friend from Atlanta who lives here now, was nice enough to meet me at my stop and help me buy my card and get on the train. HA! Yes, I needed help riding the subway. A lot easier than I thought - duh.


After Chip and I decided to get sushi, and I worried and was sad about missing Gossip Girl, Chip had the best quote for me - "Craig, you don't have to watch Gossip Girl, you can LIVE Gossip Girl". Well played sir, well played ...


Anyway, that is all. I will update when I have some kind of antic ... This was boring ... My bad ...

No comments:

Post a Comment