Saturday, February 14, 2009

Out on a Thursday Night ...


So, Thursday night ended up being one of those nights that made me feel totally New York. I got a text from my first boyfriend Steve's friend Adam letting me know that he was going to crash a birthday party at this place called Elmo. I thought it was a bar. So, I jump into a cab and meet him at Elmo and it turns out to be a restaurant. I really hate going into places alone, because I walk in all awkwardly and shy, and normally look completely out of place. Maybe it is New York, maybe it is because I am getting old, I dunno, but I walked in with such confidence you would have had no idea that I was crashing a private party. I walked down the stairs into this private room that was a private party pretending like I belonged there. I did it just fine. Score. The party was full of ridiculously hot men. Which is a total score. Oh, awkward, all of a sudden I revert back to being shy and not confident. Oh well. I meet up with my friend Adam and he introduces me to a bunch of his friends. I meet a guy named Jeremy who is working currently with Showtime to create a show that is a mix between Sex and the City and Queer As Folk. I ask if any of this gay characters like sports, and he informs me no. This really grinds my gears. Why are there no gay characters on TV that like sports? I mention this to the guy, Jeremy, and he thinks he might add that to his show! I told him the character has to be named Craig and he has to like U of Georgia sports. Woot!
Adam, a couple of his friends, and I move on to another bar called Aspen. We get to the bar and there is a guest list. My friend Adam and his friends are on the list, and I am like, what the hell? Why are we going to a bar where I am not on the guest list. So I look at the woman and I am like, "uhh, I am not on the list. So yea, can I come in anyway?" Now, standing with her is a boy. I look at him and, if you read my post from a few days ago, he is the hipster from the 1 train that I was flirting with! He tells his friend she should let me in and so she does. Score! Apparently fliring on the Subway, while it makes me look like a desperate gay, works for something. While we are in Aspen, Adam gets a text from Jeremy asking for my number. Adam gives it to me and Jeremy texts me and we are going to go to dinner sometime soon. I am hoping that I eventually can slip in the fact that I acted in many musicals and plays, and I should be a character on his new Showtime show. Time will tell ...
Anyway, I hit up 3 more bars and ended up going to bed at 230 am. This truly is the city that never sleeps ...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome...I love it. Your blog is awesome! Mine, on the other-hand, is slacking!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, did you get the subway boy's number finally or did you let the moment slip? seriously....

    ReplyDelete