Thursday, February 26, 2009

So, my future roommate Lisa and I met last night for a couple of drinks after work. This week has been hellacious as our company has been going through this intense systems migration and I have been working 12 hour days and basically wanting to curl up in a ball and sleep during any off hour I had. Well, since Lisa had been begging me to pay her my deposit, we decided to meet up for a couple of drinks. Turns out, people like to get money that they are owed. Who knew? I meet up with Lisa on the corner of 43rd and 10th - a place where I might need to start acquainting myself with regularly if I don't get any male on male lip action soon. We head over to 9th avenue where there are lots of good restaurants and bars, and I instantly stop because I see a sports bar. Perfect. It is called Mercury Bar, which Lisa makes clear to me is NOT the same as Mercury Bar in Murray Hill, which apparently is home to college kids who call older people ma'am and sir. Even 25 year old "older people". No thanks - I like my potential maker outers to be older than me - usually much older - although I am trying to aim for a 10 year older than me rule as of late. But there is just something about a man in a wheel chair with a catheter that is just so hot. Ahh, I digress ...

So, we get to the bar and order drinks. I pull out my check book to pay Lisa and it definitely looks like I am paying her for her "services" if you know what I mean. We are both comfortable with that. We proceed to chit chat and banter and the bartender, who is a girl, comes over and asks if I need another drink. I order a beer and she does not ask Lisa for anything. So when she comes back I ask if Lisa can have another vodka soda. The bartender gets it for me and smiles at me all while pretty much ignoring Lisa. This went on for our next 3 drinks! I made small talk with the bartender with my voice lowered an octave as to not appear a raging homo. Apparently it worked. Lisa told me that she was definitely hitting on me. Of course, Lisa is pissed because "what if we were dating?" Ahh, we can only dream. As much as I am in desperate need of a make out, I have not yet resorted to kissing girls. Not yet anyway ...

No comments:

Post a Comment