Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentine's Night ...

So, after roaming around the city all day alone, and having my first boyfriend ever over for dinner that night (non romantically), we decided to head to a couple of parties. Steve had a party that he was invited to that we were going to hit up first before going to a party that I was invited to. And let us say that the guy who invited me to his party I had not even met. He had been a potential roommate I had met on Craigslist while I was looking for apartments in NYC, and we had stayed in touch. So, take my awkwardness, and then think about me heading to two parties where I was going to know absolutely no one. Awesome.

So, we leave my apartment and walk in the cold a few blocks to the first party. We walk in and it is ridiculously crowded. Apparently having parties in NYC is nearly impossible because people live in apartments 1/3 the size of places in Atlanta. We squeeze our way into the apartment and I find a place to hide my Absolut Mandarin. Normally, I wouldn't hide the vodka, but it was a present for the party I was actually invited to, so I needed a place to stash it. After hiding it in a bedroom, Steve and I walk out, erm, scratch that, squeeze out of the bedroom towards the table with liquor on it. I manage to somehow pour myself a vodka cranberry and shuffle off into the corner. Steve waves at a couple of people awkwardly, but I seem to think that he barely knows them as well. I am ready to leave when the most awkward boy stumbles over to me. Not awkward in a way I can be socially awkward until I have had 5 vodkas, but awkward in a way that it is apparent he is completely messed up on drugs. He tries to kiss me immediately, and I push him off of me. In retrospect, I have yet to kiss anyone in this city and its been 15 days, so I have no idea why I pushed him off of me. Meth or Ecstacy is just not that cute of a quality to me. Anyway, I watch him dance around pulling his shirt up and exposing his chest for around 10 minutes before I decide we should leave.

Steve and I leave and head over to my party. Brad, the guy who invited me, buzzes us in and we walk up to his apartment. His party is completely packed as well, and again, I know no one so I instantly walk over and open up my vodka and pour myself a tall one. This should help me become more talkative I reason, so I definitely enjoyed the heavy hand. After finally meeting Brad, I walk around the party finding one of the few girls there and instantly becoming a fast friend. Anita, the girl in the picture, and I have fun talking about gabbing. Why I feel like I can talk to girls and straight boys (her husband included) is beyond me. Why can I not talk to gays the same way? Who knows? Not me. Anyway, Brad had all these funny hearts on his wall that said inappropriate things, so of course I picked one and put one on. That seemed to ignite some interest in me, and I talked to some people for the rest of the night. And while I went home alone on Valentines Day, it was nice to get out and meet some gay guys. Too bad I didn't really get anyone's numbers, but hey, baby steps right ... More to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment