Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Things You See in NYC

So, while I was in bed sick this weekend, I received a text message from my friend Sue who told me that she was walking on the Upper East Side, and to her amazement, she stumbled upon a Mariachi Band playing at the entrance to an apartment building. I mean, there is some random crap that happens in Atlanta - believe me - there are some crazies up in that city - but I found it super amusing that a Mariachi Band was playing at the entrance to an apartment complex. The only logical explanation I could think of was that they were having a Quinceanera for their 15 year old and that was the band that welcomed party guests? Anyway, here are a few other funny things that I have encountered, or my friends have told me about, since I have been to NYC:

1. My cashier at Rite Aid was named Darn. I mean, Darn? Really? Was she supposed to be a boy, and then when the doctor yanked her out he was like, oh, its a girl, and her father was like "DARN!" and it stuck?
2. A drunk girl writhing around on 7th Avenue because she is so drunk she cannot get up (and my friend Lisa takes a picture and keeps walking).
3. A transvestite midget on the Subway

Good times.

4 comments:

  1. i want more random things! give me more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me a few minutes. I can add plenty to this list....

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I had mentioned to you (but now for everyone else's info), this band was literally in this brownstone. those stairs are like the stairs up into the bedrooms. I knew Craig of all people would appreciate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have a list of "Random NYC" things every Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete