Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And Mr. Perfect Continues ... and Ends?

So, I know I started talking about this Jared character the other day and I have yet to update on what is going on. I left it with the point that he is perfect and I knew I would somehow manage to screw it up.

Well, it turns out, Mr Perfect is moving to Pittsburgh to get his MBA at Carnegie Mellon. So, not only was he a Darmouth undergrad, he is now going to a top 20 MBA program as well. Not too shabby.

Well, I told him that I liked him too much and that I could not see him anymore as he was moving in 3 months. I knew I would fall really hard for him, and I could not stomach the thought of having someone I had fallen for moving to Pittsburgh. Now, for those of you don't know, Pittsburgh is pretty far from NYC. Its over 7 hours by car and train, and over an hour flight (which would clearly get expensive). So, I know I should've just relished my time with him, but I did not want to get hurt.

Cut to last Wednesday. Jared and I decided to meet up for dinner. He had just completed taking the last part of the CFA (Certified Financial Analyst) exam, which is uber hard and pretty amazing. Jared met me at my softball game and we ended up going to grab a couple of drinks with my team before dinner. Jared was so amicable and was super talkative and getting along well with everyone (another sign of his perfection). I finally decided enough was enough, and that I wanted alone time with him, and we headed off to my favorite mexican restaurant Arriba Arriba. We sat outside and had the most amazing dinner and conversation. He told me that he wanted to stay in touch while he was gone and that I was this amazing person that he was so happy to know. We ended up parting ways after dinner and not more than 3 blocks away I got a text from Jared letting me know dinner with me had been the best part of the past week - and that was saying a lot because he saw his favorite singer in concert 2 nights prior. Of course, I again being developing feelings for him, and I am imagining our apartment in the West Village with 2 dogs and a Range Rover.

We texted a few times over the next couple of days, and I tried to meet up with him, however, he has been completely MIA. I reached out to him on Saturday a few times, and he responded back with "Hey Cute" and "What are you doing Sweetheart", which sort of makes me barf because pet names are stupid (but secretly inside I loved it). Then, he never texted me again. And now it is Wednesday and still nothing.

So, this post is long, and I am not sure where Jared and I stand, but I have decided that all boys are f-ed in the head, and I need to take a hiatus from even dating. Until the next boy comes and sweeps me off my feet ...

1 comment: