Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Perfect Man

So, I honestly cannot remember the exact place I met Jared. I believe it was Match, but as it was a couple of months ago, and I have had many vodka water’s later, I have since forgotten. So forgive me. Jared and I began chatting online, on gchat, and I was instantly a fan. He was smart, sweet, funny – and best of all, he had a ton of pictures and he was hot. I mean, legitimately hot. He had a Matt Damon look to him, but to me, cuter. Now Jared and I both live in Hell’s Kitchen, which is a neighborhood in West Midtown. So we decided to meet up for a drink at this great spot Eatery. My girl Stacia from work goes there every Tuesday, so I decided to meet her for a drink and have Jared meet me there. I wanted to have Stacia there in case Jared turned to be miserable – I mean, you can’t always trust these online meetings – trust me. Well, Jared waltzes in wearing an amazing suit. I automatically feel the butterflies in my stomach as he sits down for a drink. Stacia, noticing that he was a regulation hottie, did the appropriate thing and excused herself to go home for the night.

After a couple of drinks at the bar, I was legitimately tired, and we decided it was time to go home. I did not want to leave this total catch of a man, however, a successful meeting had already made me giddy. We walk out of Eatery, and I turn to go South towards my apartment, expecting Jared to turn North to walk to his apartment, however, being the gentleman that he was, he said that he wanted to walk with me part of the way, if not all of the way home. Well, it was cold, and I was tired, but I accepted his offer. However, and yes, this makes me the laziest kid ever, I hailed a cab to go10 blocks. I told Jared to get in, and he did. We pulled up to my apartment, and as most of you know, I am the most awkward kid ever. I am miserable at saying good night. All I remember saying is something to the effect of “yea, I live on the 34th floor and have an amazing view. You should definitely come in and check it out”. And get this, he agreed. (Again, I am no slouch – in the looks or personality department – but was this gorgeous, Dartmouth graduate with a fantastic job really coming up to my apartment? Was I on Totally Hidden Video or Candid Camera? After peering around outside and not noticing any camera crews, I discerned that I was not on any hidden camera shows, and we got out of the cab).

Well, let me just tell you that we both thoroughly enjoyed the view that night. And the next morning, Jared was off and I was left quite smitten with him.

1 comment: