Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Match Debacle

So, Match is a pretty interesting site. And even though I never saw the movie or read the book, I am going to steal a line from He’s Just Not that into You. Or rather, paraphrase one. So, you know the feeling you get when you are out and you feel like no one is hitting on you? Or when you are too nervous to hit on someone for fear of rejection? Well, instead of being rejected or feeling unwanted at a bar, where you can at least drink vodka with some sense of, um, pride (?), you now get rejected while sitting on your bed watching Golden Girl re-runs, and where it is not as acceptable to be drinking vodka waters to make the pain go away. So instead of drinking alone, which I honestly refuse to do, you just sit there dumbfounded as to why a guy you thought was less attractive and not as good as you, did not wink back to you. Is it possible I am not as attractive as I think I am? I mean, am I taking crazy pills? I may not have a body to die for. But I am by no means ugly. And while my personality shines, I get that it is hard to convey that on a dating profile. Needless to say, I have gone on several dates with people who have messaged me on there, and none of them have worked out. Those tragedies will be written about soon, however, I did have a 2 week “fling” with an amazing guy that is more important. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment