Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Best Date


So, unfortunately, I had to go out of town the weekend after I met Jared, so we had to postpone our first real date to the following Tuesday. After consulting with Julia, my amazing friend at work about where to go on our date (Julia is a total foodie and I trusted anything she told me about restaurants in NYC), I decided on this adorable little place in the West Village called Paris Commune. I made a reservation and told Jared to meet me there at 7:30. Well, I totally hated the pants I was wearing. So during lunch I decided I needed to find some cute, inexpensive pants to wear instead of the lame ones I was wearing. I skipped over to the Gap – most likely literally skipping as I was giddy with excitement for our date – and started looking for pants. I found a really nice pair of khakis – the only problem was that they didn’t have my size. Well, I have been walking all over NYC like it was my job, and I decided that I could squeeze into one size smaller. Well, before leaving work, I decide to change into my new pants. Turns out, I was right, I could squeeze into the pants I bought – however, the were a tad tight – especially when I sat down. I decided to wear them anyway since we would be sitting down and he wouldn’t be able to tell I was cutting off circulation to master Harold and the Boys (if you catch my drift).

I get to Paris Commune 2 minutes late (my biggest pet peeve), and Jared is already sitting at the table. He is wearing a shirt, a red tie, and a blue cable knit button up sweat over it. Immediately I felt awkward in my choice of attire as he looked like a million bucks. Needless to say, I sat down and had literally the best date of my life. We each had a cocktail which helped loosen us up from any dating jitters. 2 bottles of wine, 3 courses of food, and 4 hours later, we basically closed down the restaurant. And during that time, the conversation never lacked. The time flew by like we had only been there half an hour. And while we were in between courses and chatting, he would grab my hand and hold it and look into my eyes like I was the most important person there. I had never let anyone do that with me, and it felt nice. What was this Jared character doing to me. Was I actually developing feelings for him? Needless to say, we ended up back at my apartment, where we had a grand time checking out my view again. Now the real question was, how was I going to screw this up?

No comments:

Post a Comment